Skip to main content

What I think about Star Wars VII

Who would have thought there would be Star Wars Episode VII after the conclusion of two trilogies? Well, anything can happen. And yes episode VII has been released last December. Went to watch it with the kids last month. Not sure if they really understood the story. But I guessed they should have enjoyed the flight scene. Anyway, I have not been writing about movie since end 2014. That's because I haven't been watching any movies. As far as I remember, I had Hotel Transylvania 2, A Good Dinosaur and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. There are some good movies which I've missed out, like The Martian (anyway, I've just watched it online last night). So three movies for last year and all watched with the kids.

Now, is Star Wars: The Force Awakens worth a watch? I would say yes. It's fresh and nostalgic. Unfortunately, the characters' development does not meet my expectation. I was expecting more. But maybe because it's a trilogy, so characters' development has to be partial. After all, I was comparing with Lost. But I must admit that the focus on the characters Rey and Finn is nicely portrayed.

As always, I pay more attention on the score and soundtrack whenever I watch a movie. Rey's theme is very appropriate. This piece is my favorite. Another piece is when Han meets Leia. The score brings back the connection they had previously. Besides that, the visual effect is pretty cool. Can't wait for episode VIII next year.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trip 01-06.....rough itinerary

Category: Travel OK, time is catching up. I have about 3 weeks left before the trip. Have drafted out initial itinerary: 6 May - Fly to BKK and transit to Udon Thani. From Udon Thani, go to Nong Khai and cross over Laos border. Immigration office opens until 10pm. Hope to reach Vientiane before midnite. 7 May - Excursion around Vientiane. 8 May - Travel to Vang Vieng. Not really want to spend 11 hours on the bus to get to Luang Prabang. Have a pit stop will be nicer. 9 May - Continue to Luang Prabang. 10 May - Excursion around Luang Prabang. 11 May - Slow boat to Pak Beng. Mandatory pit stop due to slowliness of the boat. 12 May - Slow boat to Huoy Xai. I guess have to over night here (immigration office might be closed at time of arrival). 13 May - Cross over to Thailand. Might not stay in Chiang Rai. Proceed to Chiang Mai. 14 May -Back to Malaysia.

Dangers Men Face #1 - A Dangerous Journey

As we live our life in this fallen world, we are exposed to all sort of "dangers". Danger brings different meaning and experience to each individual. But the danger which we fear the most are the ones we do not see until it is too late. No doubt satan brings good disguise until the victim slowly entrapped into sweet temptation. Each one of us have dreams. Our dreams somehow change along the course of life. Most of the members felt that perspective and dream change as we follow Christ. Dangers come in whether we know it or not. If we are not aware, dangers will destroy our dreams. The members believe the prominent danger that Christians are facing is danger of dream. Christians tend dare not to have big dream (big dream for spiritual work). This could be due to biblical values which have molded the perspective of each Christians. Martin Luther did have a big dream. There are five dangers to be explored: danger of loss, danger of sin, danger of freezing, danger of witdrawal and...

Expo 2025 Osaka

Some photos to share from Expo 2025 Osaka (the country pavilions that I managed to visit). There were lots of people, and some pavilions required queuing for hours. The weather was unforgiving too—one day was hot and another day was rainy (I bought a two-day pass for the visit). I only manages to visit eleven country pavilions. Overall, it was fun but tiring.  Photos taken with iPhone 14.