Skip to main content

Heaven is for real

Today most Christians celebrate Easter Sunday. This is the day where Jesus is risen. One of the local churches chose heaven as the theme of this year Easter Sunday. Well, in John 14:1-7,
1 “Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me. 2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. 4 You know the way to the place where I am going.”
 5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”  6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:1-7.
So Jesus was comforting the people. He comforted us by telling us that there's a home for us instead of giving earthly materials to meet our needs. Five points He made. He said we should not be worried as there are many rooms in his home. 

He comforted us that He himself is going to check through the preparation of the place for us. But why He needs to do that? Isn't the rooms are ever ready? Well, the preparation was Jesus himself, the truth and the life. He assured us He will get us there though.

Oh, those assurances seem very future. And He said now the Father is with us. So trouble no more.

There are some accounts of Christians being taken to heaven and back. It's good to read some of the accounts. A recommendation from the pastor:  Heaven is for Real: A little Boy's Astounding Story on His Trip to Heaven and Back. I have not read this book yet, hopefully will. Again, we don't have sufficient information about heaven. So it's up to you how much to agree or believe. But the important thing is, we know heaven exists.

Happy Easter Sunday. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kaoshiung

I haven't finished recounting my journey in Sweden and Japan; I returned from Taiwan just two weeks ago. Here's a brief account of my recent visit there (although I still have unfinished tale from last year trip to Taiwan). My first stop was Kaoshiung. Spent a day and a half in the town, then I travelled to Tainan for a weekend symposium. I ended my journey in Taipei for another short hike. The weather in Kaohsiung was quite hot, comparatively. It's not my favorite weather for traveling. Perhaps I arrived there too early; had I come a few days later, the temperature would have been cooler. Since day time was hot, it would be wise to visit Pier 2 area during evening or night. Not many people / tourists in this town. It looked quiet.  The next day, I took a ferry to Cijin. The ride was short, about 5 minutes. Cijin Island is a fisherman's village. On the opposite side of the island, there's a beach. It was serene but scorching, to the extent that I couldn't walk m

Xiangshan (Elephant Mountain)

 If Yangmingshan is too far or too adventurous for you, try Xiang Shan (literally means Elephant Mountain) which is right in the city. The place is accessible by MRT. Just get out from Xiangshan MRT station, walk towards the park and you will be at the entrance in no time. Follow the signpost along the way. Be prepared for a series of steep stairway. At the stop uphill, you can get the closest view of 101 Tower.  The starting point of Xiangshan All uphill climb Stairway to the top If you see this, you have arrived at the viewpoint Taipei 101 Tower View along the way Benches Posting as a sign of achievement Night view of 101

Hsinhua Forest Station, Tainan

Spent two nights at Hsinhua Forest Station after visiting Kaoshiung, in conjunction with the academic symposium. With an abundance of forest trees and greenery, this site is perfect for hiking and relaxation. Went on a short hike in the morning. Some sections of the forest need better upkeep though. Here are some photos of the area and plants. Photos were shot with iPhone 11